Feature Request - Noob quest broken - help | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Noob quest broken - help

Skull

Newby
Hi all,

I'm new to the server. Haven't played mir ... for I dunno ... maybe 15-20y ahah.
I'm just doing the noob quests (Emily) and it's asking to get the skill book from the mobs (I'm a Wiz so it should be Repulsion). I've been killing mobs for half an hour and they only drop Fencing. Is the quest broken or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

I did the noob quests with emily recently and she is pretty spot on with what needs to be done, so I don't think its broken.

If you are having difficulty finding something and its taking too long (it shouldn't), I would suggest going back to Emily and read the exact description of the quest (sometimes if you press Q it'll tell you but sometimes it doesn't have the information you need). Read exactly what she says, specifically with what monster needs to be killed and/or what coordinates you should be at.

Yeah I triple checked. She specifcly says to hunt scarecrows ans yobs at (130,560) to get a suitable book for my class and come back to her when the skill is lvl2. I've been killing these guys forever and only Fencing (war book, I have more than 15) drops, no wiz book.

Hmmm. That seems odd and is not usually the case. What's your username in game? I'll be on later tonight or tomorrow and I can see if I can help you find it.

Weird. Usually drops after a few mobs, I'm sure you can buy it from Bichon book shop if you could find your way there too

Can confirm I just went and killed 80 scarecrows/yobs and got about 15 fencing books, and 0 tao or wiz books. I did these quests on a brand new char not long ago and it was fine, so it does look to me like something has recently bugged. Hopefully GM will see this soon and fix it. In the mean time you can actually buy the book from the book store in border village (the door is at 285:638 ) the repulsion book costs 108 gold

Can confirm I just went and killed 80 scarecrows/yobs and got about 15 fencing books, and 0 tao or wiz books. I did these quests on a brand new char not long ago and it was fine, so it does look to me like something has recently bugged. Hopefully GM will see this soon and fix it. In the mean time you can actually buy the book from the book store in border village (the door is at 285:638 ) the repulsion book costs 108 gold

Oh man thanks for this! I was looking for this guy since the Bichon one didn't have the book.
Thanks everyone for the help and for confirming the bug. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Oh man thanks for this! I was looking for this guy since the Bichon one didn't have the book.
Thanks everyone for the help and for confirming the bug. Hopefully it gets fixed.

If you press H to open your home menu, click 'quick hunt' then 'hunters resource' then 'begin' then 'skillbook locations' it explains where to find them all :)

Back