Question - [New(ish) Player] Is there any way to zoom in slightly, or adjust resolution to slightly higher? | The Legend of Mir

Question [New(ish) Player] Is there any way to zoom in slightly, or adjust resolution to slightly higher?

Hi All,

Just installed the game, however, when running the game in Windowed mode at the max resolution, it's really small on my desktop and I struggle to see the text on screen. Unfortunately, when I press alt+enter to use full screen, it looks terrible due the monitor's native resolution and it also knocks everything that is currently displayed on my 2nd monitor, to underneath the game on my first desktop.

Obviously I'm aware of the age of the game and the limitations of the system in place, but was wondering if anyone had any workarounds, fixes or third-party tools that would allow me to run the current windowed version at a slightly zoomed in aspect?

Thanks in advance!

I have struggled with this on a 32" 4k monitor playing windowed mode on a stamp sized screen.

I have yet to find a way to fix this sadly :(

It's a forced resolution and game engine limitation.

There are ways to force resolution full screen, but it requires a dedicated graphics card and some know how.

I haven't tried recently, as I'm happy playing in tiny windowed mode. But windows does dove a native resolution zoom feature that might help out in your case. Worth exploring for sure

I play on an iMac that has a large, high-resolution screen. I installed parallels, which allows me to install virtual versions of windows on my system (its available on windows too). The advantage of this is it allows me to reduce the resolution on the version of windows I run mir on which in turn gives me a nice big window of the game when in windowed mode.

On YouTube there is a video regarding how to stretch to full screen. I can't remember what I searched but it does work.

You need to edit your windows registry and then change a value under 'scaling change' to 3.

Its as simple as that but, be aware, some hate how a stretched screen looks. Although I made notes from the video as to how to get to the scaling change value, I can't decipher them...

I suggest the YouTube video ;)

You just need to reduce the resolution of the screen when playing. Right-click on the desktop and select display settings. Alternatively, set up a different version of Windows that is fixed in the lower resolution solely for playing mir so you don't have to keep swapping backwards and forwards.

Back