Feature Request - Mentor System | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Mentor System

Gritt

Hi here is the suggestion
Mentor System Class oriented
The Mentor the player who is high level has game time experience
The Apprentice the new or player of set number of levels lower than the Mentor
e.g. 50
The Apprentice asks for a Mentor in game via pm the Mentor accepts the request and the partnership is done
When the Apprentice and The Mentor is grouped together they share a accelerated exp rate
Mobs give a percentage extra exp rate similar to the Tao buff
This partnership lasts for 7 days
At the end of the 7 days the partnership dissolves
The whole idea is that higher level players would be able to take new players under their wing and help them evolve while hunting lower areas but still get rewarded a little for their time and patients maybe certain maps could be marked Apprenticeship Mapa no pk when under the Mentorship buff etc
Maybe could be some sort of points meter similar to keys etc that overtime The Mentor can cash in for exp points or something DS etc

Just an idea
Peace and Kebabs

This and similar ideas have been floated a few times before. Adding it would be easy enough, but testing it to destruction to make sure people can't exploit it would be a massive task. There's always people out there who go by the mantra "if it's possible then it's allowed, it shouldn't have let me do xyz if I wasn't meant to, play smarter not harder" etc etc

While I'd love to see something like this in place, it would only be good if it's not exploitable, and that's unfortunately quite an unrealistic aspiration

Just my own personal opinion, I think the marriage feature is are old and outdated.

As for mentor I think it is also unnecessary for this server, rested exp provides a lot more of a boost than mentor would and level cap is 200 so the lowest anyone can be mentored in the example is 150 which does not take that much effort to achieve. So a big feature will become obsolete very quickly.

Just my own personal opinion, I think the marriage feature is are old and outdated.

As for mentor I think it is also unnecessary for this server, rested exp provides a lot more of a boost than mentor would and level cap is 200 so the lowest anyone can be mentored in the example is 150 which does not take that much effort to achieve. So a big feature will become obsolete very quickly.
50 levels was just like an example , How do we attract and keep new players ? the gap is so wide now and will only get wider when we get 205 later this year .... etc

50 levels was just like an example , How do we attract and keep new players ? the gap is so wide now and will only get wider when we get 205 later this year .... etc
In level count the gap is wider, but in actual hours to obtain that is getting narrower all the time

Someone starting today and aiming to reach level cap can do it in half the time that someone starting in 2019 could do the same

I think I suggested something like this before. It would be cool if when people reach hero league status they could become a 'master' and take on pupils. Each master would have a limited amount of spaces and exp bonuses could be given when they are all training (hunting) together.

If possible, they could also have their own dojo (house) somewhere in the maps of Mir that only the master and students could enter (which could have its own perks like boosted skill training, like when wearing a skill neckie, when in the house).

By releasing endorphins in their brains with half decent drops, clear signs of kit development and level progressions.

Back