Low level items | The Legend of Mir

Low level items

zad48231

Leading Contributor
I've noticed a lot of low levels hanging around recently, and they are all experiencing the same thing.

Do some quests and get to level 60/70 ish within a day or 2, then start grinding or if they get lucky find someone who will level them up a bit. I understand the need for some books to be a bit rare, but the items are a weird situation.

I saw a guy this morning who was level 70 and offered to level him a bit, got him to 92 then had to go to work. I wanted to get him some kit but I literally couldn't find anything. Found a few things for level 96/97 that I gave him but what does he do until then? He's in level 40/50 kit and can't kill anything that'll get him any exp so he's kinda stuck now unless someone else levels him up to wear his new kit. I kinda felt a bit bad for him leaving him like that but didn't want to be late for work.

Can we just put all items below level 100 in shop to mitigate this kind of situation? Or at least make them drop more often so he could hunt for them himself. I think it would help to encourage more new players to stay, as I can imagine that could get quite frustrating for them until they reach the level where people actually sell stuff.

I think maybe making the lvl 67 - 82 kit default shop gear ? But with a little bit of a price tag so noobs have to grind to make a bit of cash to buy (this will also help them in the long run understanding how to grind n make cash) or maybe adding a retrieve n return quest for a set of that lvl 75 oma jewelry? Simply adding a quest npc in bloodland or something along those lines?

I think maybe making the lvl 67 - 82 kit default shop gear ? But with a little bit of a price tag so noobs have to grind to make a bit of cash to buy (this will also help them in the long run understanding how to grind n make cash) or maybe adding a retrieve n return quest for a set of that lvl 75 oma jewelry? Simply adding a quest npc in bloodland or something along those lines?

Tremendous idea!

Yep yep yep. I agree, just not sure how to handle it. Quest sounds great, but then again, getting the items drop should be your own personal quest!

Yep yep yep. I agree, just not sure how to handle it. Quest sounds great, but then again, getting the items drop should be your own personal quest!

Maybe hints for different classes to find kit, hunting in the wrong cave puts players off. Something like " items for your
Level and class can be found in bw". Doesn't give away to much as per which cave but points players in the right direction.
Just a thought...
Best wishes
TaoLoaf

Maybe just an increase in the drop rates of level 60-90 items in areas that those players can hunt by themselves would be enough to tip the balance a bit

theres an NPC in bw that literally tells you what caves to lvl in depending on class etc think her names ashley. @Wicksey

- - - Updated - - -

If you can make it so its like the quest guy sends you off to get his ring back from say x amount of f3 zuma temple mobs, and his braces back from x amount of f4 zuma temple mobs maybe different locations and such but make it a gaurentee'd drop within that set amount of mobs? or maybe not even as straight forward as that, maybe just hint as to where to find it.

With regards to drop charts for equipment up to level ~105:
I have cleaned out some items so that each region is more special, ramped up the drop rates and added some of the gear to merchants around BW

Reboot required

back in the days when everyone was around lvl 100 average.. the items were hard to find as it is now for lvl 150 items.. so im not surprised there when you couldnt find anything for lvl 90-100ish

Back