Irregularities in pvp recently | The Legend of Mir

Irregularities in pvp recently

Hi all,

Im not interested in an argument but just wanted to highlight few weird things i noticed recently when pvping certain players.

On a few occasions ive faced danielle and i have been hit mid run with dragonbreak and off screen with spells almost immediately upon being near them. I just had a small skirmish at 4tails and noticed lucifer1 also dragonbreaked me mid run and also articblast hit me OFF SCREEN, as soon as i rted near their group.

Now im willing to take few reasons for this into account, such as maybe they are running really good gaming systems and have high fps etc...whereas im on a crap laptop with max 40fps in pvp situations. I know ping isnt an issue as my broadband is high speed and im from uk.

Now i dont like calling people out but there is defo some sort of irregularities with the speed and abilities some players have with their spell casting and ability it seems to lock on.

Im not here to argue and if those players want to refute these claims then by all means post. All i will say is if you resort to cheating then your just gonna destroy the game in the long run, so carry on if you want this server to die.

Hey bud,

I'd ignore the mid-run thing, that's easy enough to do, I'll show you later on when I'm home.

For the rest of the things, you're far from the first to mention these issues. I've not seen any of these behaviours myself, but lots of people have told me about them so to me that is more than a coincidence and needs investigated. I'm going to have a screen recorder on all the time now during pvp to hopefully be able to analyse better what exactly is going on.

Without any video recordings I doubt GM will give any serious weight to complaints of this nature, so it's vital to record any issues you see.

Win+Alt+R will start the recorder
Win+G will open the game centre where you can view and share recordings
This is a feature built into Windows 10 and 11

I’ve got recordings of seemingly no cool-down on spells, it’s not just one player either, but some more than others, I spoke with Andy but as soon as I mentioned this I got no response from him :/ it needs sorting ASAP, there’s enough servers about that people will just leave and go to one where this isn’t happening. God knows how many less play now because of this, I know enough people mention though like zade said that it’s something that at the very least needs looking into

Send proof then, I don't mean to offend you but words mean nothing.
If you want GM to take action you must publicize these recordings and let the community of mir see these cheaters, This is a very shameful thing to do on a 20 year old video game.
I’ve got recordings of seemingly no cool-down on spells, it’s not just one player either, but some more than others, I spoke with Andy but as soon as I mentioned this I got no response from him :/ it needs sorting ASAP, there’s enough servers about that people will just leave and go to one where this isn’t happening. God knows how many less play now because of this, I know enough people mention though like zade said that it’s something that at the very least needs looking into

Thanks for post.

Yeah I don't know how that would be possible as things like cooldown and cast range are verified server-side (times are checked and cast distances are limited to visible range)

You could possibly be locked target. If your locked target you can be hit whilst running. You only get unlocked if you go off screen. There is no cheat for this server, any irregularities can be detected easily.

Thanks for post.

Yeah I don't know how that would be possible as things like cooldown and cast range are verified server-side (times are checked and cast distances are limited to visible range)
Could it be something as simple as modifying sprites to make them larger to be easier to target? I know there was a case a few years ago before the client was reworked to be multi threaded where people realised fire on the ground was very cpu intensive and caused a big drop in fps, and simply deleting the animation files would improve fps during big fire-intensive wars. I was thinking something similar was happening here, if you look at large sprites like tyrant, cacodemon, evilmir etc., if they were transplanted into armours, it would make enemy players very easy to target even when running around.

Obviously that doesn't account for the other issues mentioned such as cooldown, range and extra damage, I've no explanation for that

My kit is very tanky, only a few months ago I was able to run around in castles with multiple people hitting me and had zero risk of dying. Now with the same kit very suddenly I'm revving in 2 seconds like I have no defence at all. Looking carefully at the enemy kit I have no explanation, it doesn't seem to have changed much and doesn't seem too overpowered. Something definitely feels fishy anyway. I'll not be bothering with wars for a while until we work out what's going on

Changing sprites would work for targeting as you suggest, however would still be limited by the range.

Damage calculations are also done on the server so would have to originate from a stat bug of some sort

I’ve played servers in the past where people have achieved things like this via packet injecting, I’m not sure if that’s applicable here to be completely honest as it’s well above my knowledge range lol

Like zade said something definitely doesn’t add up

Also i record most fights but the problem is when you have 5-6 wizards on screen all casting spells plus taos and warriors doing the same it makes cool-down times very hard to see, even if they was able to gain a second off their cool-down time it would make a huge difference and give them a massive advantage in pvp

Some do not have cool down time. I've seen warriors double battle charge, also wiz has been able to double cop and when a wiz uses trans spell, fire / ice is suppose to leave the floor? Which in some cases doesn't. Not just at war either. In caves where its visible to see. I will not be going to war till its looked in to. For 1 wiz to double cop my recall and take out 12 people instantly is a joke. I have 90% fire resistance on my tao at war which means nothing atm.

So, I don‘t know if its a thing with new mirs, but back on dragon and phoenix server people used to mess with the MTU size in win xp to speed up their connection. Dunno how this works with winblows 11 and 10, but it used to help drastically in winxp back in the day, but it also had a tendency to cause more packet loss issues if you had a poor connection.

Dunno if this is still a thing or not, but it used to be a thing.

Also keep in mind that was back when most people played mir using dialup and dsl.… Dunno how this is affected by broadband...

FML im old.

:(

So, I don‘t know if its a thing with new mirs, but back on dragon and phoenix server people used to mess with the MTU size in win xp to speed up their connection. Dunno how this works with winblows 11 and 10, but it used to help drastically in winxp back in the day, but it also had a tendency to cause more packet loss issues if you had a poor connection.

I would have expected modern hardware to optimise stuff like that automatically. Maybe I'm wrong...

I think it was more of a bandwidth thing, not so much hardware. Optimizing packet sizes for dialup and all that crap, with broadband its not needed anymore. I would think.

There is still tweaks that can be done at the Network Card to allow some enhancements, limit drop offs etc etc same as on your router you can set specific bandwith to certain .exe etc . These can give you a better playing experience but takes a lot of fetterling to get right , I know CS Go had a network optimizer which automated most of these changes and did in fact help with FPS in other games as well.
I play alot offshore and with shitty inet so i have looked my network interface made a few tweaks to get mine both stable and semi useable but thats it , there are tools out there and I guess if someone with a competative edge and good knowledge of TCP IP stacks and interfacing could take this further , the question is if they don't touch or alter the mir files is there anything Scorps can do ?

An interesting observation, I made a brief showing at SW yesterday and had recording on the full time and the damage I was taking was back to what it used to be. Was surviving pretty well, no 2-second-revs like I've seen at every war the last couple of weeks. Almost like people knew I'd be recording eh. Guess recorder staying on permanently now haha

Back