Feature Request - Crafting Orbs | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Crafting Orbs

sabriel

The problem of crafting orbs is becoming annoying from my point of view and i decided to ask for opinions. Today, out of 12 gems, 3 orbs came out. Other days out of 8 gems came out 1 orb, and others days/attemps completely different but all low succes. I noticed that there are characters who somehow have a much higher luck / success rate than others. However, the consumption of gold, oils and nerves is annoying. I paid 3 million for 12 attempts out of which 3 orbs result. I'd rather pay 1 million for a pure orb and move on, no point for me gather oils/gems

The problem of crafting orbs is becoming annoying from my point of view and i decided to ask for opinions. Today, out of 12 gems, 3 orbs came out. Other days out of 8 gems came out 1 orb, and others days/attemps completely different but all low succes. I noticed that there are characters who somehow have a much higher luck / success rate than others. However, the consumption of gold, oils and nerves is annoying. I paid 3 million for 12 attempts out of which 3 orbs result. I'd rather pay 1 million for a pure orb and move on, no point for me gather oils/gems

I agree.
Is fkin shit.
I brought this issue up over a year ago and got fobbed off. Should be way cheaper to craft orbs or should be way better chance of success.
Gm even made it easier to craft them like 2/3 months ago but it barely made any difference.
So many things on this game that are made just slightly out of reach. It’s so close to being perfect but little things like this grate on us.

So many gems get left on the floor, and grinding oils get left on the floor, I see it everywhere. Surely just pick more up solves the problem? It's only 200k a shot.

Increasing stats with orbs isn't an essential part of the game, its meant to be a reward for people who put that extra effort in. If it was made easier then why not go a step further and just scrap them completely and auto add +12 to every stat

I'll tell you why I don't pick up every gem.

Bag space. I don't have any to spare.

Certainly not for a gem that is going to dust anyway.

Iv been doing a lot of hunting lately, bosses a bit, levelling a bit im progressing well. I have been making 1 op piece of kit every month and in the 2 weeks i have MAX the orbs on the most recent one completely, infact on my most recent one iv had to sell approx 50 orbs and counting because im not ready for my next item.

Is this game supposed to progress faster that this? I doubt it.

Sabriel you are having an unlucky spell we all get them, today i have tried approx 40 gems in increments of 10, my first 10 had 1 orb, my second ten had 3 orbs, my third ten had 10 orbs and my 4th ten had 7.

Zade once did a huge example of the rates over a very large number of gems and the maths worked out.

Problem I see is gems / orbs “shelf life”. The crafting rates are fine if the items don’t disintegrate

Scorp explained it once when I complained about the success rates of gems to orbs. Over time, if you keep a record, we'll reach a 50% success rate. The only thing that is unclear is how many gems d'you try and turn to orbs to achieve that 50% - probably several hundred. Like others, some days I get 2/10 success, occasionally it's as high as 8. I guess that if I averaged out my success rate over the last 2 years it would be around 50%. It's sod's law that the gems you really want to turn to orbs will end up as dust.

So many gems get left on the floor, and grinding oils get left on the floor, I see it everywhere. Surely just pick more up solves the problem? It's only 200k a shot.

Increasing stats with orbs isn't an essential part of the game, its meant to be a reward for people who put that extra effort in. If it was made easier then why not go a step further and just scrap them completely and auto add +12 to every stat

Sorry Zade but that is crap... Yes Gems/Oils get left on the floor due to bag space but is almost irrelevant when it comes down to the percentages to get a reasonable number of orbs. The other reason people leave them on the floor is that what is the point in picking something up that all it will do is waste your money!

Only 200k a shot, with the current odds of getting a successful craft that is a lot of money to make any real difference to your kit which is hard enough to obtain with current drop rate4s.

Increasing stats isn't an essential part of the game... Yes it is if you want ot be competitive, remain interested in playing or to enable you to become stronger.

Extra effort... Agreed it should be an effort, not on a plate but as with any target it needs to be realistic before you wind people up which is what is happening at current.

Rather than Careful Kev (would be to OP) why not a Mediocre Malcolm who is a tad better than we have at the mo

Sorry Zade but that is crap... Yes Gems/Oils get left on the floor due to bag space but is almost irrelevant when it comes down to the percentages to get a reasonable number of orbs. The other reason people leave them on the floor is that what is the point in picking something up that all it will do is waste your money!

Only 200k a shot, with the current odds of getting a successful craft that is a lot of money to make any real difference to your kit which is hard enough to obtain with current drop rate4s.

Increasing stats isn't an essential part of the game... Yes it is if you want ot be competitive, remain interested in playing or to enable you to become stronger.

Extra effort... Agreed it should be an effort, not on a plate but as with any target it needs to be realistic before you wind people up which is what is happening at current.

Rather than Careful Kev (would be to OP) why not a Mediocre Malcolm who is a tad better than we have at the mo

There you go again , there is a point to failure rates just some don,t see it regardless of the many discussions on the subject in other posts etc , sometimes Dall you really got to look at other things and other players who play the game differently to you and your play style , you write some very informative answers and contribute to the community as a whole but everytime you see a post or a "suggestion" that does not fit into your little tidy box of thoughts you have to shoot it down or say stuff like pointless ... something one player may see as pointless has value to another etc or are we playing Dalls server here .......

There you go again , there is a point to failure rates just some don,t see it regardless of the many discussions on the subject in other posts etc , sometimes Dall you really got to look at other things and other players who play the game differently to you and your play style , you write some very informative answers and contribute to the community as a whole but everytime you see a post or a "suggestion" that does not fit into your little tidy box of thoughts you have to shoot it down or say stuff like pointless ... something one player may see as pointless has value to another etc or are we playing Dalls server here .......

Ha, ha, ha!

...or are we playing Dalls server here .......

No but neither are we playing yours, different people are allowed to voice their own opinions, just because your opinion does not match mine does not mean that either of us are wrong...

Only when carful Kev is around will I even attempt to craft orbs. Otherwise it’s a complete waste of time/ gold and space.

- - - Updated - - -

Get better value for money buying them from ah 2m each.
2m each works out cheaper than buying grind oils and crafting orbs.
They constantly fail lol.
Try to craft 10 orbs.
3/4 craft successful
0 upgrade to kit lol.
Every item needs circa 75 successful orbs on them.
That’s 750 orbs on one kit
������������������������
Lots of stuff that don’t work on this game

Only when carful Kev is around will I even attempt to craft orbs. Otherwise it’s a complete waste of time/ gold and space.

- - - Updated - - -

Get better value for money buying them from ah 2m each.
2m each works out cheaper than buying grind oils and crafting orbs.
They constantly fail lol.
Try to craft 10 orbs.
3/4 craft successful
0 upgrade to kit lol.
Every item needs circa 75 successful orbs on them.
Lots of stuff that dont work on this game

Brother you are such a drama queen lol. If you want Total +75 stat on every item across like 10 items why should it be easy or cheap? You can just keep buying GG and buy bars, then orbs if that works for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the way you explain it is true though.. if you're gonna buy the gem, the oil and pay to use the service as well, then it's probably cheaper and more efficient to just buy the orb.

But for the player who sells you the orb, it is a good system.

The system although annoying, works. Ain't like everyone has +3 stats on each item. Fact being the easier orbs become to craft the cheaper they become. While high levels benefit, lower levels suffer. There is a gem and orb market. If we make crafting them easier we kill an entire market. This appeals to high levels but penalises lower levels.

Firm believer when something is so easy it should be time consuming. Which is what it is. Simple but time consuming. Hunting your own gems and oils, you easily cover the cost to polish it. Just takes time.

Let's stop trying to kill every market because of laziness.

Back