cheeky to ask

badgal123p69

hey there andy can we get a exp weekend :p

i know u are going to say no lol :D

but as my mum said if you dont ask you will never get so asking :p

hey there andy can we get a exp weekend :p

i know u are going to say no lol :D

but as my mum said if you dont ask you will never get so asking :p

The Halloween event is coming up very soon, like a few weeks away, will be plenty exp there as if it's needed. Exp is too easy as it is already tbh

Agree! Ppl geeking to cap very fast this days.. remove exp pots:)

It's not even that hard without exp pots. At 165 I'm doing about 2.5% per hour with exp pot, or 1.5% per hour without exp pot. Before 165 I could get about 4x that speed. I've not got any special amazing kit or P2W I just work hard, anyone can do the same

- - - Updated - - -

Too many people get to 140 then realise they can't do 1 level every time they go out and do a hunt, then moan about how slow it is, bring back dragon server speed levelling then you lot will learn what slow is hahah

Part of the issue is that max exp is stuck at 4.2B and has been since max level was 125 in 2014?
Back then mobs were giving a fraction of the exp so it was harder to gain each level.

This is a useful function of the soft level cap, which I may review. On P69 I used to revise exp tables regularly by removing factors of 10 every few years. So exp gained was 10x lower but exp needed was 10x lower.

I have been thinking about this for a while.

There's a few of options:
1) Recode so you can get more than 4.2B exp per level. - But that starts to get obscene, the 32bit code doesn't work well with it and if a range of 0 - 4.2 Billion isn't enough then what is?
2) Make soft cap last for more levels and maybe make it perk better. - Probably my preferred option. Each update would release content that is ABOVE the soft cap, with a 10% or so lowering of the whole exp table. I suspect we would rename the "soft cap" to something else like "Heroes League" and give visible accreditation. Although people hate seeing the reduced exp per kill!
3) Divide out the exp by a factor of 10 and massage the tables back into a nice curve. - Works fine but can be work intensive (messes with other systems) and doesn't make it any easier or harder to level up, unless we change the exp tables too

The Halloween event is coming up very soon, like a few weeks away, will be plenty exp there as if it's needed. Exp is too easy as it is already tbh

but i need a pre event warm up to get my into the mood of the events lol

i really hope this is not like last years halloween event didnt really like that 1 much sub bosses that was to hard to kill and not dropping anything but punkin heads lol

Andy i would say do whatever is less work for u dont go mad with it and lose your head :)

It's not even that hard without exp pots. At 165 I'm doing about 2.5% per hour with exp pot, or 1.5% per hour without exp pot. Before 165 I could get about 4x that speed. I've not got any special amazing kit or P2W I just work hard, anyone can do the same

- - - Updated - - -

Too many people get to 140 then realise they can't do 1 level every time they go out and do a hunt, then moan about how slow it is, bring back dragon server speed levelling then you lot will learn what slow is hahah

Yeh I agree lvling ain't hard at all , at first I thought 166 was a pure drag but that's only because I was looking at % but other night I noticed I was past 70% and that's without trying that's me just clearing crystal hoping for frostbite or items , if you wanna feel slow lvlingoing then try playing a warrior on dragon server spending a full night In bug cave just to make a %

but i need a pre event warm up to get my into the mood of the events lol

i really hope this is not like last years halloween event didnt really like that 1 much sub bosses that was to hard to kill and not dropping anything but punkin heads lol

Andy i would say do whatever is less work for u dont go mad with it and lose your head :)

He's already stated it won't be the same
https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/45184-Regular-updates

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the issue is that max exp is stuck at 4.2B and has been since max level was 125 in 2014?
Back then mobs were giving a fraction of the exp so it was harder to gain each level.

This is a useful function of the soft level cap, which I may review. On P69 I used to revise exp tables regularly by removing factors of 10 every few years. So exp gained was 10x lower but exp needed was 10x lower.

1) Recode so you can get more than 4.2B exp per level. - But that starts to get obscene, the 32bit code doesn't work well with it and if a range of 0 - 4.2 Billion isn't enough then what is?
2) Make soft cap last for more levels and maybe make it perk better. - Probably my preferred option. Each update would release content that is ABOVE the soft cap, with a 10% or so lowering of the whole exp table. I suspect we would rename the "soft cap" to something else like "Heroes League" and give visible accreditation. Although people hate seeing the reduced exp per kill!
3) Divide out the exp by a factor of 10 and massage the tables back into a nice curve. - Works fine but can be work intensive (messes with other systems) and doesn't make it any easier or harder to level up, unless we change the exp tables too

Yeah I think #1 is out the window, it's a big job to recode that as it's not just a simple case of changing some values in a database. Non developers can't even begin to understand how many arms and legs a change like that can take.

I quite like the way the soft cap works, so at 165 you get no resting exp and the base exp for all mobs is reduced by 50%, I'm led to believe the reduction is more like 75% at 166 and even higher at 167. At the next level cap increase, rather than changing exp rates, maybe a more gradual reduction of mob exp starting from as low as 160 (very small effect, say like 2% reduction) ranging up to 170 getting around the same exp as a current 165 would, all the way up to a hard cap at 180. That would slow down players who want to grind, without offering a massive disadvantage to those who aren't able to spend as long in the game

Just a thought :)

I'm up for anything, i need to get back lvling asap. Yes pls set cap higher or no cap at all. =P

Back