Announcement - Castle War Changes | The Legend of Mir

Announcement Castle War Changes

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
I thought best to announce this before the update goes live..

There are two important changes scheduled which reflect years of contention.
The intention is that they are simple but effective and address the main concerns.
The changes can be reviewed easily and altered based on feedback.

1. Rather than taking place 3 days after declaration, Castle Wall Wars will be on scheduled specific days of the month 2, 4, 9, 11, 17, 19, 24, 26. Note that this covers roughly 2 days a week and avoids Lunar Events. Sabuk Wall wars remain unchanged and on Sundays. The above days may also coincide with a Sunday.

2. Teleportation inside a Castle will cause a 5 second cooldown to prevent players capturing or holding the castle for those 5 seconds. Therefore if an enemy is trying to capture your Castle and you are the only remaining player in the palace, if you teleport you will lose the castle.

Hopefully this is satisfactory

If anyone wishes to PM their feedback please do so

This is very satisfactory, I praise you for making a change. Thank you

Can anything be done with wizards pets please? many many people are against the stealing mechanism I believe a poll should be made

As with all changes to existing mechanisms, the proof will be in the pudding. You can only do so many simulations, but will never know how things will pan out until we just try it and see

On the surface this looks like a well thought-out update and is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing how well it does or doesn't work!

Your efforts are very much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to try to solve the impossible (pleasing everyone)

Wizz pets should never change and I'm a wizz if you can tame it then it's stealable
Okay I respect your opinion, however we need a poll cause there's many people who are unhappy and it seems to be the majority. I always see wizards complaining and venting their frustration.

I thought best to announce this before the update goes live..

There are two important changes scheduled which reflect years of contention.
The intention is that they are simple but effective and address the main concerns.
The changes can be reviewed easily and altered based on feedback.

1. Rather than taking place 3 days after declaration, Castle Wall Wars will be on scheduled specific days of the month 2, 4, 9, 11, 17, 19, 24, 26. Note that this covers roughly 2 days a week and avoids Lunar Events. Sabuk Wall wars remain unchanged and on Sundays. The above days may also coincide with a Sunday.

2. Teleportation inside a Castle will cause a 5 second cooldown to prevent players capturing or holding the castle for those 5 seconds. Therefore if an enemy is trying to capture your Castle and you are the only remaining player in the palace, if you teleport you will lose the castle.

Hopefully this is satisfactory

If anyone wishes to PM their feedback please do so

This is a really well thought out change. As zade said, it's trial and error but I'm sure everyone will appreciate the fact not everyday is a war. Thank you.

Can you confirm if the teleportation is just a tele ring or include trans aswell?

Say for example, if I used tele ring in castle then recalled the whole group we would lose the castle and if I did that and 2 or 3 people was off recall we wouldn't?

Also if Lunar event falls on one of them dates, war will be cancelled or you just simply can't war that day? Also with sw on a Sunday and a Lunar is on, will this still be war or cancelled or SW will remained warred?

Appreciate the change 🙏

Last edited:
Okay I respect your opinion, however we need a poll cause there's many people who are unhappy and it seems to be the majority. I always see wizards complaining and venting their frustration.
Your not even a wizz and no the people moaning about it just want the game to be as easy as possible for them pets have and always should be stealable

It's not about being easy, it's that a PVE casual is being caught up in a PVP hardcore world, which is a bit full on to maintain with limited hours or resources. War update sounds good for those involved though lets not hijack the thread, appreciate that the GM does clearly listen to feedback as evidenced here and does what is best for the server as a whole in his eyes.

This is a really well thought out change. As zade said, it's trial and error but I'm sure everyone will appreciate the fact not everyday is a war. Thank you.

Can you confirm if the teleportation is just a tele ring or include trans aswell?

Say for example, if I used tele ring in castle then recalled the whole group we would lose the castle and if I did that and 2 or 3 people was off recall we wouldn't?

Also if Lunar event falls on one of them dates, war will be cancelled or you just simply can't war that day? Also with sw on a Sunday and a Lunar is on, will this still be war or cancelled or SW will remained warred?

Appreciate the change 🙏
with set days for wars there's always going to be some cross over, I think this just limits it massively which is amazing

pets have and always should be stealable
As much as I hate to admit this he's right. But if it stays this way change eshock to tame pets back to more than one or two casts.

Also, so my opinion is clear on this. I do not think pet stealing is the issue, it's pet availability.

There simply are not enough useful pets between 185 and 195. Damage doesn't matter, tankiness is what matters. Tongs and wedgmoths are useless in planes, st, wb, etc....

Sorry for off topic discussion. 😅

Back