Buff elemental damage | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Buff elemental damage

Are you really talking about sockets then? Ie increasing % on the sockets?

Otherwise I don't understand because if you want to be powerful just use both stats.

I don't know if you remember. But the DC/MC/SC sockets had their stats doubled a few years ago. Maybe that was a little too much :eek-new:

The DC/MC/SC sockets doubling just took them from completely useless to spot on IMO. Even now, once your base (without PA/MA/SA taken into account) is over 1k, it's better to use 1% PA/MA/SA sockets rather than the DC/MC/SC equivalent. Which is ok, it means there's a market for both, the +10 ones are still well in demand, but the 1% ones are better for the top players. Keeps everything moving nicely!

I think what he was meaning was how strongly elements affect skils.

For example (not real numbers, just making this up off my head to illustrate the point)
Say you have TwinDrakeBlade which uses dark damage
If I have 1000 DC and 0% dark damage, and do 500 damage per hit
Then I add some sockets and go to 1100 DC and still 0% dark damage, I will do 550 damage per hit, because the DC scales linearly. 10% increase in DC = 10% increase in damage dealt.
But if I add different sockets instead of DC, so I have 1000 DC and 10% dark damage, I'd expect that to increase the damage of my dark damage skill by 10% so it will do 550, but in fact it affects it a lot less than that, I might do something like 520, only a 4% increase in damage dealt.

From what I understand by the above comments, is that people just want element damages to actually affect the spells by the percentages they state. For the highest level players especially, it seems best to max out on DC/MC/SC and forget about elements for the most part, as they just don't benefit as much as it feels like they should.

The DC/MC/SC sockets doubling just took them from completely useless to spot on IMO. Even now, once your base (without PA/MA/SA taken into account) is over 1k, it's better to use 1% PA/MA/SA sockets rather than the DC/MC/SC equivalent. Which is ok, it means there's a market for both, the +10 ones are still well in demand, but the 1% ones are better for the top players. Keeps everything moving nicely!

I think what he was meaning was how strongly elements affect skils.

For example (not real numbers, just making this up off my head to illustrate the point)
Say you have TwinDrakeBlade which uses dark damage
If I have 1000 DC and 0% dark damage, and do 500 damage per hit
Then I add some sockets and go to 1100 DC and still 0% dark damage, I will do 550 damage per hit, because the DC scales linearly. 10% increase in DC = 10% increase in damage dealt.
But if I add different sockets instead of DC, so I have 1000 DC and 10% dark damage, I'd expect that to increase the damage of my dark damage skill by 10% so it will do 550, but in fact it affects it a lot less than that, I might do something like 520, only a 4% increase in damage dealt.

From what I understand by the above comments, is that people just want element damages to actually affect the spells by the percentages they state. For the highest level players especially, it seems best to max out on DC/MC/SC and forget about elements for the most part, as they just don't benefit as much as it feels like they should.

Geekish! Love it

so just chucked some boreals on my wiz;
768-1237 sc 15% ice dmg im hitting between 350-550 ( 10 hits )
795-1278 sc 76% ice dmg im hitting 400-720 ( 10 hits )

What im trying to say is whats the point of getting all this elemental damage (which is hard as fuck might i add) when its seems to have barely any effect on the dmg output ?

With a 60% increase in ice damage i just expect alot more of a scale up on the damage i do instead of only 150-200 :S

I might just be being a dick but honestly i think theres something not right here lol

Last edited:
No idea what the actual values and percentages are in code, but this is how i rough it out when considering upgrades:

41 more sc = 82 damage (roughly 2 points for each sc)
61 more ice = 90 damage (roughly 1.5 point per element)
~172 damage

Which is close to the 170 damage you are getting.

Back