Guide - Attack Speed: The actual answer | The Legend of Mir

Guide Attack Speed: The actual answer

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Since it feels like there's some disagreement about what the maximum attack speed actually is, I did an experiment ages ago (over a year) to find out. With the recent updates there has been some questions about whether or not that has changed, so I repeated my tests and found that no, it hasn't changed.

By using different combinations of kit, I had each attack speed from 0 to 22, and for each one I hit the trainer for exactly 1 minute and counted how many hits in the chat window.

Note that due to rounding / timing issues each of the results could be out by as much as 2 hits either way, which accounts for why sometimes faster speeds appear to have 1 less hit than a slower speed, and sometimes the increase doesn't seem very linear, that's not likely to be the case, it'll just be that one or both of those results will be out by 1 or 2 hits.

Here are the results

Attack SpeedHits in 1 minute

Since it feels like there's some disagreement about what the maximum attack speed actually is, I did an experiment ages ago (over a year) to find out. With the recent updates there has been some questions about whether or not that has changed, so I repeated my tests and found that no, it hasn't changed.

By using different combinations of kit, I had each attack speed from 0 to 22, and for each one I hit the trainer for exactly 1 minute and counted how many hits in the chat window.

Note that due to rounding / timing issues each of the results could be out by as much as 2 hits either way, which accounts for why sometimes faster speeds appear to have 1 less hit than a slower speed, and sometimes the increase doesn't seem very linear, that's not likely to be the case, it'll just be that one or both of those results will be out by 1 or 2 hits.

Here are the results

Attack SpeedHits in 1 minute

Thanks for the effort but you wasted your time as we all know +18 is max and your calculation says same.

Bump because I've been asked about this a few times recently. Conclusion is that 17 is the max attack speed.

But chart shows 18?…

97/98 are the same, as I've already explained the values can be out by 1 or 2, it's not possible to get the timing perfect unless I do a much longer test, every value in the chart could be 1 higher or 1 lower than the real number depending on which millisecond I clicked the trainer and if the clock chose to round that up or down to the nearest second in the chat window. Notice all the results above 18 were also 97, suggesting that's more likely the actual max, and the result of 98 I got was just a fluke of timing.

97/98 are the same, as I've already explained the values can be out by 1 or 2, it's not possible to get the timing perfect unless I do a much longer test, every value in the chart could be 1 higher or 1 lower than the real number depending on which millisecond I clicked the trainer and if the clock chose to round that up or down to the nearest second in the chat window. Notice all the results above 18 were also 97, suggesting that's more likely the actual max, and the result of 98 I got was just a fluke of timing.
Ahh I get it. So 17 it is :) I remember back in days I was aiming for speed 21 like a noob >.<

One thing to point out is that there's scope for error on the timings of frames - there's a possibility that a higher Attack Speed will counteract a moment of increased CPU demand (which can happen in big fights). If that happens then you may encounter a few dozen ms added to hits

Just a thought.

I know this sounds crazy but i tested attack speed on wizard and it turns out they do hit more hits, not as fast as you think but there is a noticeable difference

So in other words a wiz could cast thunder bolt faster? Interesting
I think so yeah, We tested RedDragonFire, and the wizard would basically cast that spell 3-4 more times every 30 seconds and the cast animation looked a lot faster, however nowhere close to warr attack speed of course

Back