Poll on Facebook. | The Legend of Mir

Poll on Facebook.

prasko

I'm not a member on that so I cant post things I would suggest.

A few opinions as a noob and new player to this server.

-There needs to be more mid level areas, 130-160 that are somewhat like noob island or bonus exp because playing catchup to experienced players is slow. The @under150freexp buff is nice but at 140 things really realllllyyyyyy start to slow down and ive had friends already quit because of the grind.

-On other mir's they had it where someone 20 levels over you couldnt hit or PK you. That would be nice so high level players dont camp bosses during moon events and pk lower level players just for entering a kings room.

-Boss drops are horrendous tbh. The moon events help, but that makes people not want to log in until those events. Spending 20 minutes on a wiz killing naga champ for a bene, while having subscription, and using a drop pot, its kinda bad.

-Gems, I know it says 50/50, but when I run 20 thru and only get 3-4 orbs, yea, thats either horrible luck or not 50% chance. Also maybe keep it 100k for pure, 75k for normal and 50k for cracked?

-I know people want binded kit removed, but doing that and keeping it so someone 100 levels over you can pk you and you drop GG gear makes people not want to spend money, or time on this game. So again, making it so someone 20 levels over you cant kill you would be nice.

Ill add more as I can think of them.

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I haven't played since the easter event. I only played again when I saw the post on the Facebook page for the new player event. The event was great, but now that it's finished, all incentive to keep playing is gone.

The drop rate outside the event is worse than terrible, I can totally agree with that and low level bosses that have a higher chance of dropping certain runes are camped beyond belief.

All floors, to give lowest levels a chance to actually level without the fear of being pk'ed, should be safe zones. Boss floors or boss room can be Free and if you go onto those, you would expect being pk'ed by someone 40 to 60 levels above you.

Like I said in game, higher levels pking at bosses that are 30-40-50 levels under them because they camp them, all that does it stop lower levels from progressing in the game. No progress despite grinding means they quit due to disinterest. This is the same for any game on the market.

Add to this, higher levels pking people 20-30-40-50 levels lower then them in the hopes they drop gear, does the same exact thing. No one wants to grind in a game where someone twice your level kills you for your items, especially items you spent actual money on.

Who will buy GG items if they know they can lose them to some bored high level player? Noone, which means less people buying GG which means less money the person who runs the server makes. Its lose lose to everyone involved except the 180+ person doing the pking.

The noob event area was jammed packed with people I saw daily. Leveled with, hunted bosses with, etc… Of those 40-50 players, I’m lucky if I see 5 or 6 in the actual game. Were they new players? Or just new toons for other people? Either way they arent around anymore. The question comes to why they didnt stick around. What did the noob event have that the rest of the game doesnt. No body drops? Better xp? Better mob drops? Faster boss spawns? Faster mob spawns?

Last edited:
Agree that after 140 the effort to level just doesn't feel worth it, as you can't help but focus on the gulf between yourself and the top end.

Sorry my responses are going to seem a bit negative here bud. I've chatted with you ingame and you're cool, but some of these comments do seem quite off the mark to me

-There needs to be more mid level areas, 130-160 that are somewhat like noob island or bonus exp because playing catchup to experienced players is slow. The @under150freexp buff is nice but at 140 things really realllllyyyyyy start to slow down and ive had friends already quit because of the grind.
At 150 it goes from 30%+ an hour to more like 15-20% an hour, or there abouts. Yes it's a fairly sharp drop, but that's still not something you can really call a grind. It gets a LOT slower than that later on. There are loads of safe places to hunt in that level range, look at the areas list on my site for a full list of areas, the ones that cost demon souls are all fully safe from pk
-On other mir's they had it where someone 20 levels over you couldnt hit or PK you. That would be nice so high level players dont camp bosses during moon events and pk lower level players just for entering a kings room.
This seems like a good idea, but to be implemented you'd also need to find a way to prevent grief play. People would just revert to using noob chars to block access to certain areas. It's happened plenty before, safe zone maps are notoriously a problem for that kind of thing already, removing pk would make it a lot harder for genuine players
-Boss drops are horrendous tbh. The moon events help, but that makes people not want to log in until those events. Spending 20 minutes on a wiz killing naga champ for a bene, while having subscription, and using a drop pot, its kinda bad.
Not sure why a naga champ takes you 20 minutes, at level 130 I was killing it in 10 minutes. Let's chat ingame and I can help you with some techniques
-Gems, I know it says 50/50, but when I run 20 thru and only get 3-4 orbs, yea, thats either horrible luck or not 50% chance. Also maybe keep it 100k for pure, 75k for normal and 50k for cracked?
I recorded the results of over 1000 gems and can confirm it's 50%. Everyone has good and bad runs of luck, that's a natural consequence of a random chance event
-I know people want binded kit removed, but doing that and keeping it so someone 100 levels over you can pk you and you drop GG gear makes people not want to spend money, or time on this game. So again, making it so someone 20 levels over you cant kill you would be nice.
I know you think it's about kit, but people who are way higher level than you really don't have any use for your kit, they just want you out the way so they can get the boss. Be aware of people around you and RT or TT fast if you see someone who's a threat. Or hunt in one of the many safe zone maps

You sound like you're getting a bit bored of the game resulting from lack of progress, it's a team game, try joining an active guild and you'll fall in love with it again. But don't forget to pull your weight, don't fall into the trap many do of expecting everyone to do everything for you as that's a recipe for disaster :)

I know you think it's about kit, but people who are way higher level than you really don't have any use for your kit, they just want you out the way so they can get the boss. Be aware of people around you and RT or TT fast if you see someone who's a threat. Or hunt in one of the many safe zone map
Sorry this makes zero sense.

If people just want you out of the way why would they be asking for binded kit to be removed so badly? It's obvious they want GG items to be apart of body drop, and I can't see in any way how that benefits anyone but the person doing the pking, especially when people almost twice you level can one shot you.

Had breakfast to make.

As for boss drops. Most the time I'm playing with family or hunting books for family. I enjoy doing that, but in the limited time I've been playing this game I've noticed that boss drops are literally horrendous. Even with a subscription and using a drop pot.

I dont mean every boss kill should be dropping God tier holy crystal or celestial gear, but to spend time to kill a boss and all it drops is 4 pots and a bene is disheartening, especially considering you're lucky to have even killed certain bosses without getting pkd by someone 40 levels higher then you.

The sad reality is this. Most of the book drops and 90% of my item drops come from super and champ mobs. The ONLY time I had a boss drop me books was noob Island event or moon events. And moon events most bosses that drop needed books are camped by the 180/190s.

This leaves most noobs having it very difficult to get even books.

To go from noob Island event and being able to farm what you need to having to dodge being pkd to kill a boss repeatedly for benes is tedious at best.

There is a very large gap between the high levels and new players and while most new player would like to get there eventually, being pkd and poor drops is making them give up.

Like I said I met a lot of people on the noob Island event that I haven't seen since. There has to be a reason or two

I agree the game is a lot more fun during a moon.

Also think Skull island will be made permanent at some stage. Up until 150.

The thing about making leaving easier after 140 is that it will become a grind at some point anyways. Weather it's 150/160 whatever it will become a grind. Grinding is what mir is at the end of the day.

Bosses are thrash always have been always will be. Ask anyone who's played since launch only super bosses like Loki etc are worth killing. Every now then someone will get lucky and get a good drop from a boss but it shouldn't be your main focus. Getting as high level as you can within your available play time is the best thing you can do.

Yea I get leelveling is the main focus but eventually without gear for your level or books that becomes very difficult.

I cant tell you how many people I know came off noob Island needing books and still don't have them.

The best example I can give is the two wizzies in the guild im in that don't have inferno nor call of phoenix, both very much needed for wizzes to level at a decent pace.

I've only seen call of phoenix drop off loki on noob island with extra drop rate, and it was after killing it over 100 times on my warrior. Same for battle charge. Doing it now would take 200-300 times killing, if you're lucky. And wizzies the level that need the spell can't kill loki. So you have to drastically out level loki to be able to kill it that many times just for a book you needed 30 levels ago.

Inferno drops at Iku, TheButcher or SWT

CoP and BC are game changing skills and powerful, at least BC used to be, I didn't see an issue getting those even if you sell stuff for gold/gg to raise the funds. Its not always about the book dropping sometimes you can find other routes to the goal.

Yeah there's always gonna be a grind eventually, I'm just lazy without spare time it's not a good mix! Always gonna vote for levelling made easier when the topic comes around 😝

Ill add more as I can think of them.
Yep totally see your point and agree with it tbh I used to play arc too but things got a bit difficult at level 140 so i left the game, my younger brother plays my chars now. However gems are deffo 50% chance i've tested them, you just have terrible luck i guess and boss drops are decent you just need to find better kit and find players to group with - bare in mind that wizards are not that great for bossing when they are around that level this is a hint that you need to find a partner to group with preferably a warrior or a tao

Sorry this makes zero sense.

If people just want you out of the way why would they be asking for binded kit to be removed so badly? It's obvious they want GG items to be apart of body drop, and I can't see in any way how that benefits anyone but the person doing the pking, especially when people almost twice you level can one shot you.
Castle wars and big pvp at main bosses is a very different kettle of fish, people want drops from players there. But that's equal fights. You were specifically talking about low levels being attacked at low level bosses, that's a very different thing

Castle wars and big pvp at main bosses is a very different kettle of fish, people want drops from players there. But that's equal fights. You were specifically talking about low levels being attacked at low level bosses, that's a very different thing
Oh I get that wars people want drops, but most people in war use non drop scrolls. But either way GG items shouldn't be droppable if you paid actual money for it. It's a lose/lose situation. No one will put real money into items they can lose.

If people stop buying them, server runner gets less money. Less GG into the economy. The literal only person to benefit would be the person who got the drop.

Yep totally see your point and agree with it tbh I used to play arc too but things got a bit difficult at level 140 so i left the game, my younger brother plays my chars now. However gems are deffo 50% chance i've tested them, you just have terrible luck i guess and boss drops are decent you just need to find better kit and find players to group with - bare in mind that wizards are not that great for bossing when they are around that level this is a hint that you need to find a partner to group with preferably a warrior or a tao
Yea I play with family. Warr/tao/wiz. We actually killed four tails other day but again, Bene and pots.

I did just find out that extermination meter ups drops rate and never knew that so maybe that will make a difference. Maybe if this was better explained for new players there would be less confusion.

Oh I get that wars people want drops, but most people in war use non drop scrolls. But either way GG items shouldn't be droppable if you paid actual money for it. It's a lose/lose situation. No one will put real money into items they can lose.

If people stop buying them, server runner gets less money. Less GG into the economy. The literal only person to benefit would be the person who got the drop.
No drops scrolls only affect deaths vs monsters, they do nothing against pk

Back